There is a certain etiquette to asking and granting a favor. It is important to follow proper etiquette to convey your respect for the other person and to show you take this seriously.
HOW TO ASK FOR A FAVOR
1. Be confident.
2. Speak clearly.
3. Be specific about what you want.
4. Be grateful and appreciative if the person you ask agrees to grant the favour.
> If they decline to provide the favor - do not protest or complain. They can
decline for any reason or for no reason -- and they do not have to give you
any reason for declining. Just politely say "thanks for considering my
request." Then think of who else you might ask.
5. Give the Favor Certificate after the favor is completed - if a certificate was offered
when you asked.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR ASKED
1. Thank the person for considering you.
2. Carefully consider your ability to fulfill their request. If you cannot do so for any
reason - say so upfront. If you are uncomfortable with the request for any reason - say
so upfront. Communication is essential. If you cannot grant the request immediately,
be sure to tell the person asking within a day if you will grant or decline their request.
3. If you grant the favor requested - do it to the best of your ability and do it completely
> If you decline the request - you do not have to give any reason - but it might be
helpful if you do or if you can direct the requesting person to someone who may
be able to grant the favor.
4. If a Favor Certificate was offered - request it after you've completed the favor.
Favors are versatile and limited only by the imagination of the person requesting the favor.